Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Abril

1: learning about other cultural perceptions that make so much more sense than my own
2: paseando al Odie [taking Odie out for a walk]
3: unas compañeras [some classmates] approaching me for help on the homework problems
4: acting as a host to a Midd kid studying in Santiago
5: misadventures on the way to the beach
6: visiting a smoothie place my friend (who studied in this same city a couple years earlier) raved to me about
7: wacky hair // don't care
8: awe and gratitude in the comment sections of the Seven Days Walking (Day 1) album
9: goofing off with pup
10: lil dude adamantly telling me what he wants (even if I can't give it to him 😟)
11: going super-south (el fin del mundo? [the end of the world])
12: hanging with other kids from the program and their cultural mentors
13: incredible landscapes en el Parque Nacional Torres del Paine
14: catching up with a book I haven't had much time to read
15: interviewing ~ (using that term very loosely) and learning from a super friendly guy with a recycling team on campus
16: putting together an angsty playlist while waiting in the PDI
17: setting out on a mission to find maní confitado (then eating 3 of the 4 bags I bought) [maní confitado is sugar-coated or "candied" peanuts, usually sold as a street food]
18: learning about the 2010 earthquake through a play comprised of personal accounts
19: the mysterious house at the end of an otherwise-uninhabited jungle peninsula
20: eating at one mall, visiting the lake, then seeing a movie at a different mall
21: Seven Days Walking (Day 2)
22: sharing opinions and reflections with my supervisor
23: trespassing on the trampolines until some guy growled at us from underneath them
24: juggling some unidentified frutos [fruits]
25: learning how to cornrow braid my hair
26: (very basic) R intro with our guest professor
27: el palacio de Huáscar (I mean, the boat museum was cool, too, but...) [pictures of this trip forthcoming on my main blog]
28: going to one of my host sis' basketball games
29: the lit-up campanil against the night sky
30: spur-of-the-moment decision to make the trek from el centro to mi casa

No comments:

Post a Comment